Last night, I finished putting together this sewing bird clamp.
I punched it using this robin punch needle pattern,
changing the thread colors to match the quilting cotton
I chose for the bird’s base.
I also made the bird’s breast area slightly smaller than the robin’s.
I mounted it on a handmade wooden clamp made by my dad.
Over the weekend, I re-painted a bedroom in our house.
It had been a pastel color and the curtains were white.
After painting the walls a light khaki color,
the white curtains didn’t look right.
I decided I had nothing to lose by trying to tea dye them.
First, I soaked the curtains in water.
Then, I steeped some tea in my dye pot
and added the curtains.
I let them simmer in the water for a bit,
then I rinsed, dried, ironed, and hung them.
It’s hard to get a good picture in this basement bedroom,
but they look much better now!