Are you looking for some unique gift ideas for a rug hooker? This gift guide for rug hookers will make your shopping a lot easier!
Here you will find gift ideas for both beginner rug hookers and hooking pros. Need a stocking stuffer or last minute gift idea? We have some ideas for that too!
Gift Ideas for Beginning Rug Hookers:
A new rug hooker will need a rug hook and a hooking frame to get started.
- Rug Hook – There are a lot of preferences to take into consideration when choosing a rug hook. I would recommend letting the crafter choose their own.
- Hooking Frame – A gripper strip frame is the hooking frame of choice for most rug hookers. Check out these woodworking plans to make your own.
Gift Ideas for Any Rug Hooker:
- WoolÂ – what hooker doesn’t love getting new wool?
- Foundation fabric – find out whether they like to use linen, rug warp, or monks cloth. Better yet, get them a sampling of all three!
- LED floor lightÂ â€“ trying to hook in the evening or on cloudy days can be hard on the eyes. Your crafter will appreciate a bright light for crafting.
- Rug Hooking frame cover – You can buy these or if you like to sew, make one.
- Rug Hooking Pattern – We have many hooked rug patterns to choose from.
- Rug hookers need a way to cut their felted wool into strips. Upgrading their cutting device would definitely be a welcome gift! Here are the cutting options from good to amazing.
- Good – a good pair of fabric cutting scissors
- Better – A self healing cutting mat, a cutting ruler, and a rotary blade cutter
- Amazing – A fabric strip cutter
- If your hooker likes to dye her own wool, this book, Antique Colors for Primitive Rugs, might be the perfect gift choice. My mom has a copy of it and we love making the color recipes listed inside!
Stocking Stuffers Ideas for Hookers:
- Fun scissors such as these adorableÂ sheep scissors.
- If your rug hooker transfers their own patterns, they would probably love a new Sharpie marker and a couple yards of red dot transfer fabric. (This would be fun to wrap in a roll – like a long piece of candy!)
- Proddy Cutting Tool – This is a fast and easy tool to make if you have access to a tablesaw.
- Proddy Tool
Last Minute Shopping Ideas:
- Gift Certificate â€“ Get one to DoodleDogPrimitives Etsy shop.
- Rug Hooking digital patterns â€“ Choose from one of our many rug hooking patterns.