Punch Needle, Rug Hooking, & Primitive Crafts Patterns & Tutorials
Welcome to DoodleDog Primitives! I love to inspire you to make your own primitive style folk art. Here you will find many patterns and tutorials to help you create your own heirloom quality punch needle, rug hooking, and primitive craft projects.
Looking for Craft Supplies?
Check out our amazing selection of punch needle and rug hooking patterns and kits, as well as other primitive craft supplies!
From the Blog:
- Transfer an Antique Picture to a CanvasI snagged a small canvas at the Dollar Tree and decided to transfer an antique picture to the canvas. I wanted to create the look of a primitive oil on canvas WITHOUT […]
- How to Paint a Distressed Look – the EASY way!I used to use A LOT of paint when I was trying to paint a distressed look on things. First, I painted on a SOLID base color, then I painted a SOLID […]
- How to Make & Use a Rug Hooking Proddy StickIn this post, I will show you how to make and use a rug hooking proddy stick strip cutter. A proddy (proggy) stick strip cutter is fast and easy to make with […]
- Primitive Sunflowers TutorialIn this post, I am going to show you how to make these primitive sunflowers. They are easy to make with just a few sewing and painting supplies. I will show you […]
- Beginner Punch Needle SuppliesTo start punch needle embroidery, you will need some specialty punch needle supplies along with some supplies you might already have. Find out which beginner punch needle supplies are essential and download […]