Punch Needle, Rug Hooking, & Primitive Crafts Patterns & Tutorials
Welcome to DoodleDog Primitives! I love to inspire you to make your own primitive style folk art. Here you will find many patterns and tutorials to help you create your own heirloom quality punch needle, rug hooking, and primitive craft projects.
Looking for Patterns & Supplies?
Check out our amazing selection of punch needle and rug hooking patterns and kits, as well as other primitive craft supplies!
Find out how I converted a flat punch needle pattern to create a 3D punch needle figure. While I was Read more
In this post, I am going to show you two different methods you can use to Finish Punch Needle Bowl Read more
I never seem to have any trouble deciding what I want to punch. The problem lies after I finish punching Read more
See more Punch Needle Tutorials
If you purchase a paper or digital rug hooking pattern, you will want to transfer rug hooking patterns to your Read more
In this post, I am going to be showing you how to make a hooked rug shaped pillow. I will Read more
You finished hooking a rug, but there is still work to do to complete the project. The next step is Read more
See more Rug Hooking Tutorials
I am excited to show you how to DIY these rustic pumpkins. They are made from Dollar Tree foam pumpkins! Read more
I like to go to the Dollar Tree and look through their seasonal section occasionally. Sometimes, I find a treasure Read more
For some reason, I have a bunch of paper mâché eggs in my craft stash. Since I like redware pottery, Read more
See more Primitive Craft Tutorials
From the Blog:
- Primitive Buttermilk Pantry JarBefore I recycle glass jars, I like to try to envision them in a different way to see if they would be good for a craft project. When I saw this jar, […]
- Chippy Paint TutorialI purchased this antique primitive style table at an auction a few weeks ago. I love the chippy texture of the paint but unfortunately, someone had sanded the drawer completely smooth. The […]
- Repurpose a Punch Needle PatternI like to find ways to make my dollars stretch farther. That is especially true with my crafting budget. So today I am going to repurpose a punch needle pattern. I am […]
- How to Punch Needle Series #1: Tracing the Punch Needle PatternPunch needle is not a difficult craft, but it can be tricky if you are trying to teach yourself. That’s why I created this getting started with punch needle series. I taught […]
- Primitive Painted Bunny Bowl Fillers TutorialIn this post, I have a tutorial for primitive painted bunny bowl fillers. I created the crackled look with a crackle medium and used a needle and thread to add the facial […]